Sunday, July 4, 2010

What Percentage of Gay Men...

I happened upon a park and decided to have a closer look.  There was a long winding walkway in order to get to the main part of the park - the baseball field and restrooms.

As I strolled along the walkway a man who was leaving the park passed by me.  He did not look at me and I felt a little discomfort.  You see the walkway was very small- allowing for two people.  I continued on and another man passed by.  He looked at me briefly but did not smile.  I continued on and another man passed by me.  Now I was wondering why I was only seeing men and no women and children.  I felt something was very wrong and was reluctant to go further along the walk way.  Then it came to me that men were having sex in that park.  It was a place where they met for encounters.

I did not want to take another step further.  The thought of what they were doing repulsed me and the fact that they were doing this in a public park was appalling.

I wonder what percentage of the male gay population participates in such vile behavior.  Are they the 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 percent or more of gaydom?  It is behavior like this that puts a dark light on homosexuality.  This colors homosexuality as deviant and aberrant behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment